Monday, March 16, 2009

Moving forward


I've been putting it off for a few years. This past Friday I finally decided it was time to finally to buy a new bike and put my old one to rest. My old bike is around 7 years old and was falling apart from the wear & tear. Instead of fixing it I decided to put that money to a better use---a new bike. I still haven't taken it off road so I hope to break it in on some sweet trails. It has clipless pedals so I need to either buy cycling shoes or change the pedals. I've never used cycling shoes so I'm on the fence right now.

4 comments:

Ambitious Crafter said...

That's a sweet bike, you taking it on some sweet jumps? heeeeeeee

Unknown said...

Nice Carlos now we can go biking. We have a group that bikes every saturday normally in south orange county. If you are interested give me a call. By the way this is Dave Booth

Lynn said...

go for the cycling shoes. after the initial learning period (i.e.- falling on your face b/c you forget you are clipped in) they are worth it. but i am speaking from a road bike perspective - not mountain but i assume they would have the same effect on performance/efficiency.

Carlos said...

Good thing you clarified that it was you Dave.
I think I am going to get some shoes this weekend. I'm going to give it the old college try.