Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Taco Truck Lunches




I work in Santa Ana which has a large number of Mexican eateries. I've always tended to steer clear of the numerous catering/taco trucks that are parked along the different neighborhoods of the city. The other day at work, my coworkers and I started contemplated our lunch time meal. One suggestion that came up was picking up lunch from a taco truck. What started out as a impromptu suggestion began to build momentum. If I can eat tacos off a street cart in Mexico then why can't I eat at one here in CA? Sure enough we decided to head out to one of the nearby taco trucks that was recommended to us.


The taco truck had a fair amount of clientele waiting for their orders. The portions were good and the food was competitively priced. There was a variety of meats to choose from so I ordered birria (goat) and carne asada tacos, as well as a carne asada torta (sandwich). The food was pretty delicious and the accompanying salsas had just the right amount of punch. Luckily my coworker drives a truck so we were able to use the tail gate as a picnic bench. Lunch was very satisfying that day and we've decided to start TACO TRUCK THURSDAYS.

3 comments:

Malena's Originals said...

Keep some immodium and pepto in your desk drawer in case something goes wrong at those lunch trucks :D

Erick & Norma said...

Erick said...
I heard the one with the Virgin Mary mural on it is the BOMB taco truck!!! You should get a picture with it when you find it :)

Lynn said...

I hope you don't get swine flu...

Just kidding that made me super hungry, we were busy on our house so I didn't even get to make the Cinco De Mayo fiesta I had planned (yes, white people can make decent mexican food. Man - does anyone know where I can get a taco for breakfast?

There was a taco truck (not authentic)in Hawaii that said - "food so good, you'll be scared to drink our water"


All right, I'm supposed to be shopping for blinds right now...