Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Magic Shoe 5000

This past Sunday we participated in a local 5k run. It in Irvine which is close enough so we didn't have to wake up too early to participate. The morning was nice and cool and lots of different runners participated. Two OC Sheriff Academy cadets ran in formation for the entire race. Also, Flagman (he's like 60 years old) ran the course carrying two American flags. I have a picture on my cell phone that I'll try and post. This was the fastest 5k that I've run so far and I finished in 23:22.
At the event they had a live band that was playing a mix of reggae, blues and rock. The name of the band is Roman Alexander and the Robbery. They were giving away demo CD's and I've actually listened to it a few times. They have a myspace page in case you're interested.

1 comment:

Ambitious Crafter said...

I'd see Roman Alexander etc... again. The name is long but the music is pretty good. If anyone wants a copy, let me know :D (Mix of Lenny Kravitz, John Legend, Jamiroquai - lot so soul!)