Monday, July 14, 2008

Peter's Canyon 5 Mile Trail Run


This past Thursday I participated in a local race event after work. The start time was @ 6:15 and the weather was perfect. It had been a warm summer day but the air had started to cool. In total there were around 300 participants that varied in age and size. The race started on time and the first leg was a mild ascent into Peter's Canyon. Once in Peter's Canyon the course changed over to hill climbing. This was the toughest portion of the race and I had to walk up a couple of the hills. It was to my advantage that Maria and I used to hike this canyon during the summer so I was pretty familiar with the course. After the hill portion the trail descended to a flatter course and it was time to run towards the finish line. Overall this was one of the funnest races I've done and there is one more race scheduled in early August. My final time was 42:14 which averages out to 8:27 per mile.

1 comment:

twopennycents said...

very impressive. but did you really break a sweat or did maria take that photo like an hour after the race? you look like you took a stroll around the block.