Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

I have the day off while Maria is slaving away at the office. One perk of working for the City is that we get every holiday off (minus Columbus Day). It is strange to be sitting home on a Tuesday but someone has to do it.

I'm doing my part to help honor the memory of those who have served in our military. I have been watching The History Channel and The Military Channel since around 11 am. There have been some pretty good shows especially Shootout on The History Channel.

In all seriousness I do appreciate those who help keep our country safe. For 8 years my pops served in the Army and during those years we spent lots of time on military bases. It's a tough life with lots of hazards and challenges.

1 comment:

Ambitious Crafter said...

When I finally got home, he was done watching TV. I thought it was strange but if you do watch it for close to 6 hours - I'm sure that catches up with you :D