Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Beware of Your Surroundings

On one of our last trips to Costco we were stopped at the intersection waiting for the light to change. I was driving the Suby and Maria was with me in the passenger seat. Since it was a decent day we were cruising with the windows down.
While waiting we begun to hear this strange music and stranger singing. Maria and I looked at each other perplexed and we quickly noticed the music was coming from the vehicle to our right. The girl/lady had her windows rolled down and was belting along with her favorite song (woman singer with heavy duty guitar rifts). I try not to be critical of people but it was truly some awful singing that sounded like a cross between opera with some Emo edginess mixed in. Maria, who was eating an apple at the time nearly choked and started coughing. I on the other hand started laughing out loud and had to cover my mouth so she wouldn't hear me. Maria and I were both trying hard not to laugh so we had to look straight ahead and ignore her.
The poor girl obviously had no clue we heard her terrible singing. The light finally turned green and I was sooo embarrassed for her that I had to switch lanes so we wouldn't have to drive next to her.
I am often guilty of rocking out to my favorite songs while driving. But when this happens I am usually alone with my windows rolled all the way up.