Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Running


A week ago I participated in a 10K Turkey Trot at Bonelli Park (San Dimas). This was probably the toughest 10K run that I’ve run. The course was probably 75 % paved walkways and 25% trails. It had rained a few days prior to the event so the trail portions were pretty muddy. The course started on a hill and that was the sign that this was going to be a hilly course. There were several hills along the course and they sucked the life out of me. I still ran a decent time but I definitely coasted in to the finish line. It was a fun event but I was disappointed that they ran out of event t-shirts. It was a long sleeve t-shirt with the picture of a turkey--- it would have become my new Thanksgiving shirt. So to make up for no t-shirt I made sure to drink plenty of water, Clif Bar snacks, and took some extra energy drinks home with me.


We will be doing our last race of the year on Sunday. We’ve been doing some moderate amount of running so I think we’ll be okay for the 5k. We did this event last year and it was pretty fun. This year they’re going to include a Christmas ornament in the goody bag-- pretty cool.

1 comment:

Ambitious Crafter said...

What, a christmas ornament??? I guess we'll get two :D